Tuesday 15 March 2016

new zealand

WALT write a text that will persuade others

New Zealand should adopt a New Flag .


In my opinion I believe that  New Zealand
should adopt the Silver Fern flag as
Our Nation’s flag.


My first most important reason  is that we are not just Britain any more because we have different cultures living in our country, like Asian and Filipinos.


Another point is I would rather wear the New Flag because then we won’t be mixed up with Australia  and other countries who use the Union Jack on their flags. Also, no one will think we are Australia because it has our Silver Fern on it .


The last reason for adopting a new flag is that the fern only grows in New Zealand so it is special  to put on our flag. No other nations would put it on their flag because it grows only in New Zealand. Also on our soldier’s graves set up in France and Belgium 100 years ago have a silver fern engraved on them, so it feels right to get a new flag .            

For these reasons I  still believe that New Zealand should get a new flag.



IALT write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum.




SOLO_Prestructural_Fred


1bar.png

3 bar.png

3barhat.png

3barhat+dongle.png
Write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum

I need help to write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum


I can write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum if I am prompted or directed.
I use several strategies to write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum but I am not sure when and or why to use them.

(trial and error – aware of strategies but not sure why or when to use them so makes mistakes)
I use several strategies to write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum and I know when and why to use them.

(strategic or purposeful use of strategies – knows why and when ).
I use several strategies to write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum and I know when and why to use them.
I can teach others to write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum.

I seek feedback on how to improve how I can write a persuasive text about the NZ Flag Referendum.
Effective Strategies
  • state the issue or topic.
  • include reasons to back up your opinions.
  • sequence ideas in a logical order.
  • organise ideas in paragraphs.
  • make a recommendation in the conclusion.
  • use persuasive language
Evaluation/ Feedback
Evaluation/ Feedback
Evaluation/ Feedback
Evaluation/ Feedback
Evaluation/ Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment