Tuesday, 25 July 2017
Surface to air is a awesome book if you love rugby this book is for you. So at the start of the book woody loves soccer but his dad had to fight for the war what just started and his dad sent woody to a braoding school what olny plays rugby so woody did not want to go, he ended up going and it changed his life. Review I would give it a rating of 10/10 it was just a great book. Author Tom Plamer.
Monday, 17 July 2017
Assessment task: Communicate and interpret locations and directions, using compass directions, distances, and grid references
To complete this task you will need a paper copy of the treasure map - These are in Mrs Stinson's drawer in the Whanau zone -please ask her for one. You will need to complete the task here and add a photo of your treasure map when it is done to this document and then turn in
Blog Title: Term 2 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Fat Four Eyed and Useless
I found this novel ok because there was cool events in the book and the reading out there writing in assmebly was a big event
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
- Year 7/8 Standard
- I can identify and evaluate the way writers’ use language and ideas to suit their purpose and I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.
- Overall I would give this novel a rating of 4/10 ) and I would recommend it to others to read because it was a good book but personaly I didn't like the setting of the book because if you like books with cool events init it's the book for you.
Wednesday, 5 July 2017
Current Events Term 2, 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
My Next Step is to continue to apply the reading and research skills that I have learned in a variety of other areas.
In ARTS this term we have been learning to:
Select and use techniques and relevant technologies to develop drama practice.
Here is a link to our online modelling book.
- During this unit of learning we:
- Described the characteristics of silent performances.
- Identified different techniques used in silent performances.
- Used these techniques in a variety of different practice situations.
- Worked in a small group to put together our own silent performance.
The most challenging part of this unit of learning was been silent because if somthing went wrong you can't tell them to do that scene
The two things that I enjoyed the most were:
- doing this with my firends and having a good laugh
- we all had the same idea
The story that my group told silently was that I stole the fidget spinner and then I ran into the stage and threw the fidget spinner case away and then I ran off ...........
Overall I think my group worked really well because we all had the same idea so we just clicked and it was so easy to do the process and film the act.
Tuesday, 27 June 2017
In CAREERS EDUCATION we have been learning to write a skills based Curriculum Vitae.
A skills based C.V. focuses more on the skills that we have, rather than our work history.
Here is a link to our online Modelling Book that shows the process we have followed.
Three things that I have learned about writing a Curriculum Vitae are:
1. I have very good computer skills
2. I am very good at teamwork and stuff like that
3. I am very good at resilience